Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Up and Running

Our DIY kitchen renovation is winding down. Everything is not done. I have a list of to-do items. It is not a long list but we are not staying up late to check the items off it. All essential connections have been made. All five major players are connected and we tested them to make sure they are working properly.

Meet the players:


I love the depth of this sink. I can wash my large cookie sheets in it without getting water all over the counter. It also has small, deep buckets in the drain that collect food particles that should not go down your drain. They are cute and work well. [To do: Stain the windows and trim then finish windows.]


I have to get use to loading this new dishwasher. We have used it once and I typically tend to wash dishes by hand but I am working on using this sleek beauty since we have it. It just takes a few meals to fill.


It is so neat to see all the little red dots light up as this stove top heats up quickly. It also has a red warning light to tell people nearby that the top is still hot/warm. Use caution around this appliance. [Notice the back splash is not in place. It should get installed this Thursday as they have to come back to fix something - I'll show you soon - and complete the breakfast bar counter.]

One cool looking refrigerator for all those fresh fruits and vegetables. And cold drinks. Bottles of vino! Beer. Gatorade. Water. Quenching everyone's thirst. We, meaning the adults of the house, are getting use to having the freezer on the bottom. The kids love it! Ice cream anyone?


And then when I want to bake the afternoon away but dinner is in the oven, well, hello Double Double! I love this new appliance. I have used it. I love, love, love it! What do you think?


Yes, the kitchen has always been my favorite place in the house. Now, I'm thinking that new little pantry, the one next to the refrigerator, could it house a drop-down bed? Ha, just joking!

Now that you have met the new team members, can I tell you our granite counter top is gorgeous! Autumn Harmony. It looks so nice and ties it all together. Problem is, it is not completely installed. Last Friday, when they were installing it, they failed to refer to the plans. They failed to ask the homeowner where the cooktop was going. They assumed they knew.

Not feeling to well right now, are you? Major headache?

Look at these pictures of a perfectly-centered but misplaced cut.
IN OUR GRANITE COUNTER TOP!!




Why would we have a large island and not have it house a sink or stove top? I will be so glad when they come to replace that cut piece, properly install the breakfast bar as well as the back splash pieces. It's going to look great.

Here are a few kitchen photos. What do you think?


The light in this picture is much better:

Our knobs and pulls were ordered last Saturday when I went for paint. I picked them out. We'll see if my Big Guy likes them. Either way, he'll have to live with them. I still have to wash the walls (waiting for the countertop installation to be done) then I will paint the dining room and hallway. Lots of little jobs to be done, and lots of yard/garden work waiting for our attention also.

No comments: